The Silverlight Model-View-ViewModel Toolkit is created for those who are using Model-View-ViewModel design pattern for building Silverlight Business Application.
The toolkit includes:
- A Visual Studio 2008 Project Template
- Silverlight Command Implementation (from
- ViewModelBase that implements INotifyPropertyChanged interface
Note: This toolkit is in very early state. As per request, I'm publishing this project here. The Project Template Wizard, Unit Test and msi installer will be adding very soon. Feel free to let me know if you have any comment or suggestion.
How to install Silverlight Model-View-ViewModel Toolkit
Please download the zip file (Don’t extract it) and close all Visual Studio 2008 instances before following the steps below ~
Step #1: Copy and paste SilverlightModelViewApplication.zip under this path below
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Silverlight\1033
Step #2. Open Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt and type “deven /setup”
Upcoming Features ~
- A Project Template Waziard for linking with ASP.NET, enabling RIA Services and generating a Text project that has the references o Silverlight Unit Test Framework and Silverlight Moq
- A C# and VB.NET project template that supports all editions (inlcuding express edition) of Visual Studio 2008
- Creating a msi installer by using Windows Installer XML (WiX) toolset
for more details.